For more information on Children’s Centres in Barnet, please visit
Stay and Play
Stay and Play sessions encourage children and parents to play and learn together to improve attachments, relationships, strengthen bonds, and support children’s overall development. There will be a variety of resources and play equipment and children will be encouraged to explore messy play and outside activities. Please wear suitable clothing.
For you and your baby. These sessions enhance physical and emotional development through gentle massaging. Massaging supports the baby’s immune and digestive systems, it also helps to cleanse the skin and ensures flexibility. Massaging aids emotional development and bonding through eye contact, voice and touch with your baby!
Cook and eat sessions
Each session will include key nutritional information for your child. Everyone puts together a simple dish as demonstrated by Peppe and Eva and enjoys the meal together at the end of the session. Recipes and ideas are available for you to take home and try out with your child!
Forest School Stay and Play
These sessions are run at Hampden Way nursery and are led by a qualified Forest School practitioner. There will be a variety of activities on offer which include den building, nature crowns, mud play and much more. The sessions are held in all weathers so please come dressed appropriately. The session usually ends with gathering around the fire.
Yoga presented in a child’s language can help counter the stress experienced by little ones living in a hurry-up world. Learn with your child the benefits of teaching yoga.
You and child will learn:
- Breathing exercises this can energize young children or encourage relaxation, …
- Strengthening and energizing.
- Balancing poses teach children that with increased focus, you can increase attention …
- Stretching and lengthening the bodies to become stronger
Welcome to BEYA’s Childminding Group. We are a group of professional childminders, based in East Barnet and surrounding areas who are dedicated to supporting and motivating each other – sharing knowledge, information, expertise and helping our members to fill their vacancies. This group is for registered childminders and the children they look after. It is also open to parents who would like to meet local childminders. Are you a childminder living in or around the EN5 area? If so, why not pop along to our Childminding group every Tuesday morning for a fun-packed session of activities, stories and songs.
Come along and join us
Information for childminders
- Stay in touch with childminders in your area
- Create strong links with the community and help us to help you by promoting childminders as a high quality child care choice
- Support and advice
- Take part in community events as and when arranged
Info for Parents
- Childminders are registered and inspected by Ofsted to provide high quality childcare in their homes
- Childminders offer a safe, warm and caring environment in their own homes, where children feel welcomed and loved
- Children are cared for in small groups of mixed ages, where they are able to learn and develop at their own pace with guidance and support
- Childminders take children out to lots of different places, i.e the park, library, soft play, music groups, other childminder’s homes, toddler groups
- All childminders are CRB/DBS checked and hold Public Liability Insurance
- Childminders care for children following the Statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage – ensuring that children get the best start in life and are developing well, whilst still recognising them as individuals.
- Childminders are qualified Early Years Educators.